Bilingual Strategic Supply Manager
The Strategic Supply Manager develops and maintains supplier relationships to maximize business opportunities, negotiates contracts, monitors performance, and leads annual Demand Plan process.
- Develops trusting relationship with suppliers, evaluates business initiatives, and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- Monitors supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery performance and leads implementation efforts.
- Facilitates communication as needed between SFI’s team and supplier’s team (logistics, quality and food safety, accounting, etc) for an effective transaction flow.
- Leads annual Demand Plan process in collaboration with Sales Department.
- Evaluates risk and advises payment or payment hold to Accounting and Management; ensures resolution of supplier accounting matters.
- Prepares reports and attends onsite supplier visits as scheduled.
Supply Driven Opportunities and Contract Management
- · Assesses current market conditions and negotiates contracts to maximize business opportunities and return.
- · Manages Master Contracts, ensuring suppliers understand and comply with terms of agreement.
- · Provides relevant information in Sales Priority Meeting to enable Business Managers to make decisions on shipment priority and communicate agreed sales priorities to suppliers.
- · Negotiates packaging payment terms with suppliers.
- · Recommends options to Sales Driven Opportunities with adequate supply options and pricing.
- Plans and manages programs by commodity per growing season and origin; leads Annual Demand Plan per commodity to promote sales and opportunities.
- · Maintains knowledge of seasons per commodity and shares crop status with the team (beginning of crop, product availability, and constricted items).
- · Publishes information on Crop Report and Business Highlights distributed to customers.
- · Publishes shipping schedules based on supplier capability/capacity and adjusts shipping schedules based on sales needs.
- Leads weekly key supplier meetings to review programs and crop status, conducts supply meetings and program reviews with sales staff when relevant.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- BS in International Business, Biologic Sciences, Agribusiness, or Supplier Management or 5+ years related experience
- Basic proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Skilled problem solver with the ability to exercise good judgment with minimal work direction
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to multitask and work effectively with conflicting priorities and changing deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and strong team spirit; good sense of humor a plus
- Requires up to 30% travel both domestically and internationally
Please click the blue "Apply Now" link below to be directly to our Applicant Tracking System to submit a resume and letter of interest to be considered for this position.