The Facilities Coordinator is a jack-of-all-trades role that provides general office support company-wide, oversees upkeep and repairs of the building and grounds, provides back up coverage for the front desk, and is the primary driver for company errands.
Facilities Oversight (80%):
- Performs basic upkeep and repairs for building, grounds, and offsite storage. Obtains quotes and oversees external repair services when needed.
- Maintains overall office cleanliness, sanitization, and organization including kitchens, conference rooms, and patio. Changes nonfunctioning light bulbs, cleans refrigerators and freezers, cares for offices plants, and decorates office for holidays.
- Manages shipping and receiving of frozen food samples and leads or assists in packing customer samples.
- Provides daily lunch break and backup receptionist coverage as needed.
- Partners with receptionist to maintain proper inventory of office and janitorial supplies and restocks items as needed.
- Assists IT department with setup and troubleshooting of computer equipment.
- Assembles, moves, and maintains office furniture and equipment and manages set up and clean up for company meetings and events.
- Coordinates annual clean up and shredding of confidential records storage and removal of electronic waste as needed.
- Maintains a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, food safety, and CTPAT requirements.
- Secondary after-hours contact for First Alarm security services; occasionally provides vendors access to building on weekends.
Courier Responsibilities (20%):
- Manages external sample storage and warehouse inventories.
- Picks up product samples from warehouses, grocery stores, or other sources as needed.
- Procures dry ice, coolers, boxes, and other supplies needed to mail frozen samples.
- Drops off special delivery postal items, purchases postage stamps, and runs other general company errands as needed.
- Maintains company vehicle.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years related experience in a position requiring strong time management, organization, and follow through
- Must have a valid California Class C Driver’s License, a clean driving record, and be 21+ years of age in order to insure
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds, bend, kneel, twist, and climb a ladder
- Basic carpentry and building maintenance skills with strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Positive attitude and willingness to do whatever needs to be done
- Organized, thorough, and detailed self-starter with the ability to multitask and work effectively with conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities and have strong team spirit; sense of humor a plus
- Ability to work standard hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday and occasional evening or weekend hours
Please click the blue "Apply Now" link below to be directly to our Applicant Tracking System to submit a resume and letter of interest to be considered for this position.