Trade Compliance Coordinator
The Trade Compliance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance throughout the import/export process, which includes securing appropriate documentation and working directly with customs brokers, suppliers, and ocean shipping lines to proactively identify and resolve discrepancies in order to avoid supply chain disruptions.
- Gather, audit, and file shipping documentation including notices of shipment (10+2), invoices, packing lists, certificates of origin, and bills of lading.
- Monitor internal and external delays and inaccuracies and update tracking spreadsheet.
- Forward clearance documentation to customs brokers for U.S. shipments and follow up to confirm Importer Security Filings (ISFs).
- Audit, allocate, and file Form 7501 (U.S. Entry Summary) packets.
- Monitor shipments on FDA hold until released.
- Flag discrepancies on trade-related documentation and follow-up for corrections.
- Manage import and clearance of product samples sent via air and arrange delivery to final destination.
- Enter ship date, invoice number, and other shipping data into ERP system.
- Provide summary of incorrect and late documentation o Supply department for incorporation into quarterly Supplier Performance Evaluations.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma and 2+ years related experience; previous trade compliance experience or work in related industry such as international procurement or logistics a plus
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish a plus
- Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency required; experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central a plus
- Well organized, thorough, and accurate self-starter with the ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and changing deadlines
- Strong team spirit and the ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities; good sense of humor a plus
- Desire to work closely within established procedures and regulations while simultaneously looking to improve internal processes and create efficiencies
- Good judgement and the ability to make independent decisions based on available data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits:
The target hiring range for this position is: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour. Compensation is based on a variety of relevant factors, including prior work experience, skills, professional qualifications, and internal pay equity.
Please click the blue "Apply Now" link below to be directly to our Applicant Tracking System to submit a resume and letter of interest to be considered for this position.